What is Unstable Kneecap?
As long as your kneecap (patella) stays in its groove in the knee, you can walk, run, sit, stand, and move easily. When the kneecap slips out of the groove, problems and pain often result in unstable kneecap.
Symptoms of Unstable Kneecap
- Kneecap slips off to the side
- Pain in the front of the knee that increases with activity
- Cracking sounds during movement
Causes of Unstable Kneecap
- Kneecap groove becomes uneven or shallow
- A sharp blow to the knee cap
Treatment for Unstable Kneecap
- Knee Brace
- Surgical Treatment