Snapping Hip Syndrome
What is Snapping Hip Syndrome?
Snapping hip is when there is a snapping sensation felt when the hip is flexed and extended. Although the sensation can be annoying, it appears to be painless. Young athletes and dancers frequently experience snapping hip.
Symptoms of Snapping Hip Syndrome
- Audible snapping or popping Sound on the hip area
Causes of Snapping Hip Syndrome
- Repetitive movement of the hip
- Tear in the cartilage or debris in the hip joint
Treatment for Snapping Hip Syndrome
- Reduce your activity levels and apply ice
- Anti-inflammatory medication or injection