Snapping Hip Syndrome
What is Snapping Hip Syndrome?
Snapping hip is when there is a snapping sensation felt when the hip is flexed and extended. Although the sensation can be annoying, it appears to be painless. Young athletes and dancers frequently experience snapping hip.
Symptoms of Snapping Hip Syndrome
- Audible snapping or popping Sound on the hip area
Causes of Snapping Hip Syndrome
- Repetitive movement of the hip
- Tear in the cartilage or debris in the hip joint
Treatment for Snapping Hip Syndrome
- Reduce your activity levels and apply ice
- Anti-inflammatory medication or injection
Self-Diagnose can bring more harm than treating it. It is good to know more about the injury but definitely not to the point of self-treatment. It will be much safer to get treated by Our Doctor, for more information or to book an appointment with Singapore Sports and Orthopaedic Clinic, you can call (+65) 6475 8011, the hotline is open 24 hours. You may also send us an enquiry for appointment.Tags: hip pain, hip treatment, singapore sports and orthopaedic clinic, snapping hip syndrome