What is Tennis Elbow
Tennis Elbow occurs when there is a pain or soreness with the tendons that attach to the outside of the elbow. These tendons are the attachment of the muscles that function to cock the wrist back. It usually happened there is overuse of arm and forearm muscles that results in elbow pain.
Symptoms of Tennis Elbow
- Pain on the outer part of the elbow
- Pain cause by lifting or bending of the arm
- Difficulty in extending your forearm fully
Causes of Tennis Elbow
When there is a direct blows to the outer layer of the elbow muscle, a sudden forceful pull, or forceful extension have caused more than half of these injuries.
Treatment for Tennis Elbow
- Change on how you swing your tennis racket
- Anti-Inflammatory Medications
- Cortisone Injection
- Shockwave Therapy
- Platelet Rich Plasma(PRP)
- Surgical Treatment