What is Olecranon Bursitis?
Olecranon Bursitis is inflammation of a small sac of fluid located on the tip of the elbow. This inflammation can cause many problems in the elbow. It can easily break if you experience a direct blow to the elbow or fall on a bent elbow.
Symptoms of Olecranon Bursitis
- Sudden, intense pain
- Unable to straighten elbow
- Tenderness to the touch
- Numbness in one or more fingers
- Pain with movement of the joint
Causes of Olecranon Bursitis
- A direct blow to the elbow
- Constantly put pressure on the elbow
Treatment for Olecranon Bursitis
- Elbow Pads
- Anti-Inflammatory Medications
- Injecting a corticosteroid medication to remove the excess fluid
- Sugerical Removal of bursa