What is Slipped Disc?
Slipped Disc is when the soft part of the disc bulges through the circle of connective tissue. This prolapse may push on the spinal cord or on the nerve roots. The disc does not actually slip out of place, but bulges out towards the spinal cord.
Symptoms of Slipped Disc
- Numbness or Paralysis of the arms or legs
- Loss control of bladder function
- Suffering pain when sneezing, cough or walking
- Partial or regular consciousness
Causes of Slipped Disc
- Trauma Injury
- Improper habits of bending of spine when carrying heavy object
Treatment of Slipped Disc
- Chiropractic Treatment
- Surgery is required when there is paralysis of the limbs or muscle
Self-Diagnose can bring more harm than treating it. It is good to know more about the injury but definitely not to the point of self-treatment. It will be much safer to get treated by Our Doctor, for more information or to book an appointment with Singapore Sports and Orthopaedic Clinic, you can call (+65) 6475 8011, the hotline is open 24 hours. You may also send us an enquiry for appointment.Tags: back pain, back treatment, singapore sports and orthopaedic clinic, slipped disc, spine pain, spine treatment