What is Ingrown Toenail?
Ingrown Toe Nail is a common form of nail disease.It is a condition in which the nail grows so that it cuts into one or both sides of the nail bed or paronychium.
Symptoms of Ingrown Toenail
- Pain along the margins of the nail
- Sensitivity to pressure of any kind, even the weight of bedsheets
- Swelling at the base of the nail on the side the nail is ingrowing
Causes of Ingrown Toenail
- Bad nail-care
- Ill-fitting shoes
- Trauma to the nail plate or toe
Treatment for Ingrown Toenail
Self-Care at home
- Soak your feet into warm water four times a day
- Wash the foot twice a day with soap and water and keep it clean and dry for the rest of the day
- Do not wear high-heels or tight-fitting shoes. Consider wear sandals or slippers until it gets better
- Try to lift out the tip corner of the nail that is digging into your skin with a piece of cotton or gauze and roll it in between the fingers to form a small roll or wick. Then place the roll between the nail and the skin to keep it elevated. After each soaking of the feet, try to push further in
Self-Diagnose can bring more harm than treating it. It is good to know more about the injury but definitely not to the point of self-treatment. It will be much safer to get treated by Our Doctor, for more information or to book an appointment with Singapore Sports and Orthopaedic Clinic, you can call (+65) 6471 2691, the hotline is open 24 hours. You may also send us an enquiry for appointment.
Tags: ankle pain, ankle treatment, ingrown toenail, ingrown toenail treatment, singapore sports and orthopaedic clinic, toenail cutting