What is Gout?
Gout occurs when there is excess uric acid, a bodily waste product circulating in the bloodstream. For many people, the first symptom of gout is extreme pain and swelling in the big toe. It will followed by occuring on and off in other joints, primarily those of the foot and knee, before becoming chronic. In its chronic stage, gout can affect many joints, including those of the hands.
Symptoms of Gout
- Sudden onset of a hot, red and swollen joint
- Touching of it will cause intensive pain
- The acute pain will returns more often after the first attack
Causes of Gout
- High alochol intake
- Kidney Dieases
- Expose to lead in the environment
- Eating too much food with purines
Treatment for Gout
- Anti-Inflammatory Medications
- Weight Reduction
- Medication that blocks uric acid production
Self-Diagnose can bring more harm than treating it. It is good to know more about the injury but definitely not to the point of self-treatment. It will be much safer to get treated by Our Doctor, for more information or to book an appointment with Singapore Sports and Orthopaedic Clinic, you can call (+65) 6475 8011, the hotline is open 24 hours. You may also send us an enquiry for appointment.Tags: ankle pain, ankle treatment, gout, singapore sports and orthopaedic clinic