Achilles Tendon Disorders
What is Achilles Tendon Disorders?
Achilles Tendon Disorders is a condition of irritation and inflammation of the large tendon in the back of the ankle. Achilles Tendon is a common injury to athletes as they tend to over use the tendon causing pain and swelling.
Symptoms of Achilles Tendon Disorders
- Lack of flexiblity
- Overuse Injury
Causes of Achilles Tendon Disorders
- Stiffness, soreness or tenderness within the tendon
- Intense pain when there is pressure to the tendon
- May lead to degeneration which will damage tissue of the tendon
Treatment for Achilles Tendon Disorders
- Immobilising of the joint
- Shoe insert to minimise the stress on the tendon
- Anti-Inflammatory Medication
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Surgery for removing of damaged portion, lengthening tendon or moving the tendon
Self-Diagnose can bring more harm than treating it. It is good to know more about the injury but definitely not to the point of self-treatment. It will be much safer to get treated by Our Doctor, for more information or to book an appointment with Singapore Sports and Orthopaedic Clinic, you can call (+65) 6475 8011, the hotline is open 24 hours. You may also send us an enquiry for appointment.