What is Shockwave Therapy Treatment
Shockwave therapy is a new technique used for treating condition such as tennis elbow, jumper’s knee, calcification of shoulder tendons and Achilles tenton pain. Conditions which are otherwise difficult to treat with conventional physio-therapy.
What happens during Shockwave Therapy Treatment?
During Shockwave therapy, a high-intensity sound wave interacts with the tissues of the body. This leads to a cascade of beneficial effects such as neovascularisation ingrowth, reversal of chronic inflammation, stimulation of collagen and dissolution of calcium build-up. Or even encourage the body to get additional nutrients so as to promote healing.
Benefits of Shockwave Therapy Treatment
• Clinical studies report success rate above 75%
• Shockwave therapy has excellent cost/effectiveness ratio
• Non-invasive solution for chronic pain in your shoulder, back, heel, knee or elbow
• Shock wave therapy brings new technology with proven medical effects
• No anaesthesia required, no drugs
• No side effects
• Main fields of application: orthopaedics, rehabilitation, and sport medicine