What is Physio-Therapy?
Physio-Therapy sometime also known physical therapy, it helps restore movement and function to as near normal as possible when someone is affected by injury, illness or by developmental or other disability.
What are the roles of Physio-Therapy?
- Relieving pain, preventing and managing impairments or disabilities
- Improving and maintaining your movement independence and physical performance
- Promoting injury prevention and overall health and wellness
Physio-Therapy does not involve medications in treating “musculoskeletal” conditions affecting your movement or ability to perform your daily activities.
What are the treatment for Physio-Therapy?
- Skilled evaluation
- Skilled hands on therapy such as mobilisation, manipulation, massage and acupressure
- Individually designed exercise programmes such as relaxation techniques
- Traction to relieve pain
- Assist healing and recovery
- Suitable walking aids
- Splints and appliances